Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chromeskull: Laid To Rest II (2011)

Cast: Brian Austin Green, Thomas Dekker and Mimi Michaels

Writers: Kevin Bocarde, Robert Hall

Director: Robert Hall

When I went to my friend's house and found out he had a screener copy of "Chromeskull: Laid To Rest II" and waited to see it with me, I nearly shit myself and was happy and grateful. I waited patiently to see this film since they announced the sequel. The first came to me as a slap in the face, seeing that at the time I saw the film, I only  heard of it and ignored it many times when I would see it on the shelves in "Best Buy". Finally the day came when I got to see the film at my brother's house on netflix. We sat there an thought "the worst that can happen is we lose 90 minutes of our lives". We were wrong, whereas we both immediately fell in love with the film.. Everything from the familiar cast of Bobbi Sue Luther (Night Of The Demons 2009), Kevin Gage (Strangeland), Lena Headey (Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles), Sean Whalen (The People Under The Stairs) and more. However, I've already written a review for the first film and probably mentioned how much I loved it. So I'll go on about my thoughts about the second film.

"Chromeskull: Laid To Rest II" is a direct sequel to the first, meaning it picks up where the first left off. Only this time replacing Bobbie Sue Luther as "The Girl" is the beautiful Allison Kyler (TBK: The Toolbox Murders 2). we see her and "Tommy" (Thomas Dekker) Drive off as they did in the ending of the first film and the Cops and EMT units arrive. To find a very much defeated, yet still alive, Chromeskull. The films picks up from there.

Once again, the gore effects were really good as they were in the original. Chromeskull's new face is one only a mother can love and the "monster' is now truly a monster.  We get a nice new arsenal and some pretty brutal and unique death sequences, but I think the body count could've been a bit bigger. Still it'll keep the blood hounds pleased, assuming they were fans of the first film. You also get a glimpse at Chromeskull's weapons creators and a nice weapons cage filled with different types of fun toys. Unfortunately, they're not put to much use cause he keeps it old school.

The plot does thicken and leaves you wondering and asking question about Chromeskull and others that apparently work for him including "Preston" (Brian Austin Green)  and "Spann" (Danielle Harris) whom appear to be his most faithful and devoted, or is their more that meets the eye to them?

All and all I enjoyed the film, it was a pretty decent sequel, but, there are a lot of unanswered questions that will likely be answered down the road. Yes there is going to undoubtedly be a sequel and I do hope it's not as secretive as this one. Though the build really makes yo want to know wtf is going on. Aside from learning that his work may in fact be for a live or prerecorded snuff business. Also make sure to watch the credits when something else is revealed that will have the fans really in awe. I know leave you with my rating on "Chromeskull: Laid To Rest II" being 4.5 Chromesulls out of 5.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment