Friday, February 18, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Subhumanoid: Class of Nuke 'Em High Part III

Cast: Brick Bronsky, Lisa Star and John Tallman

Writers: Lloyd Kaufman, Stephen Gerard, Eric Louzil, Carl Morano, Jeffrey W. Sass, Matt Unger, Mark F. Roling

Director: Eric Louzil

I finally had the chance to watch this one summer of 96, if my memory serves correctly. During Cinemax's "Month of Teenage Troma" and I was extremely excited to see it as well. Being such a Troma fan at a young age, anything that was tossed at me was a treat, even more so when it was a sequel to one of my favorite films. Of course I've still been adamantly awaiting the fourth installment in the series, but some how feel it's very unlikely to happen, although it's mentioned here and there and they had or have several scripts if I'm not mistaken. It will definitely be great to see what is cooked up now for a sequel, but may not work unless it marks the return of Brick Bronski or there's just the right plot to tie them all together then again it's Troma they can do whatever the hell they want!

"Class 3" Picks up right where the second one left off, all the ending carnage and Roger trying to save his lovely sub-humanoid. Tromie is hit with a mega nut bomb and the day is saved, Roger becomes Mayor of tromaville and has twins, that end up killing their mom during the birth process. One is stolen and Roger never knows of it and raises Adlai (Brick Bronski plays Roger, Adlai and Dick) whom is a peaceful intelligent super sub-humanoid, where as his brother is raised by the hands of the evil Professor Holt (Lisa Gaye) and her gang led by the younger brother of the Squirrels.

The plot as usual is tromatastic craziness and I think I enjoyed this one more than the second, though I love the second as well. It was a weird yet cool way to wrap up the series and didn't have as much stock footage as "Toxie 3" (though Toxie 2 and 3 were originally set to be one film) It's great to see the return of Brick Bronsky amongst the new characters and random cameos. Call it bad taste if you will, but I can't seem to find anything wrong with the series, aside for the fact I'm still dreaming and waiting for IV. I find it kind of funny that Toxie had a set of twins which is paving the way for the now confirmed sequel of the series "The Toxic Twins: The Toxic Avenger V"

The fx are still cheese grade greatness which always bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart. You have your serving of death of course starting with the ending chaos of 2 and ending with, well you can't spoil for those that may have not seen it and if you haven't you can order the special edition along with other great titles here on the web, simply go to www.troma.com and place your order.

Overall, as I stated I loved it and it was the perfect strange end, to the perfectly strange trilogy. It will always hold a place in my heart and I still watch it often, along with many other great titles in my film library. Though I didn't have much to say or give much of a break down, it's for more means, like I tend to mention, For the fans of cult that haven't seen it to see it. I hope many that haven't seen it can get the same enjoyment from the film that I have and it always pleases me when I get to show the trilogy to an unintroduced friend and we end the night quoting the films or them claiming to be a sub-humanoid and so on. It's always a treat to be tromatized and with so this bad mother gets a four and a half out of 5.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment